Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas miracle



This is the season when I venture in to retail stores.

Because I go there rarely, I am astounded at the things I see. Look what I discovered at our Gap store yesterday.

It's presented as a scarf but you will see it's yardage! This scarf is cotton plaid, as so many of us store a great deal of in our homes. It is long and unseamed so they had to use the length of the fabric. The ends are either cut tapered or straight across and the edges are raw, so they fringe a little. There are shirts in the same fabric nearby.

This might just be a christmas miracle for thrift shop regulars. I am off to rip up a few last minute gifts.
Merry Merry!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I wonder what goes through the Chinese factory worker's mind when they are fringing the yardage before sewing on the gap tag. Gap is practically giving away their stuff--unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete