Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Deaccessioning

I have a big basement. That is how I got to collect so many thrift shop quilts.

This summer, i'll be deaccessioning some of my textiles. I'm moving! To another house - in the same town - that I like very much. But the basement is smaller.

Which is probably a good thing. My collection will need to shrink accordingly. We'll enjoy seeing some of my things together as they leave the house.

Like this. I love little tea towels with inanimate objects that become alive. Mr and Mrs. Pot and Pan with their friends, the old Potatoe Head twins. Who thinks these things up?

We ARE having a garage sale. This Saturday. It will be the first of several. There will be some textiles.....come by! Look in the local newspaper for the ad that says Collectors downsizing/moving....

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you are a very cruel woman!! I just had a garage sale...my husband is after me to "de-clutter"...if I took a road trip to your garage sale, I suspect the locks on my house would be changed by the time I got home! I wish you luck! I have to admit, while I hated preparing for the sale, talking to the people was so fun!

    Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived close enough to come to your sale! When does it start? Just might have to come down and stay with my dotter, Linds, in KC! I'm sure there's something I could use at the Farmer's Dotter! Are you selling the little towel? It is cute, cute! Let me know if you're selling any quilt related things, just might be worth a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky garage salers - I am sure they are going to enjoy taking some of your treasures home. Good luck on your move.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is going to give me nightmares ... the little tater twins are crying because they are being attacked by mr and ms pot head. Look at their smiling faces as they are about to dig in -- too creepy!
    Ps. thanks for helping me with the Stars book. I hope to sell a bunch this weekend.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! I think Mrs. and Ms. Pot Head are doing their best to cheer the little taters up... but what do I know! I do gravitate toward mildly creepy items, I do admit that....

    ReplyDelete