Friday, September 9, 2011

Sparks Double Wedding Ring


There is a Huge flea market in our region in White Cloud, KS. But to get to White Cloud from my town you have to pass through Sparks which hosts another huge flea market on the same day. One year I didn't get any further - and that's where I found this quilt.

It's appeal to me was the vivid colors in the fabrics used. It is quite lively, thanks to the use of some bold colors: orange, black, white. It's in good shape except for the chin whisker wear on both ends - someone clung to it fiercely as they went to sleep.

It is hand pieced and hand quilted, measuring 64" x 81". The rings are large, measuring 19" from side to side....another one going in the pile for the sale next weekend.


1 comment:

  1. You gave me a chuckle when I read "one year I didn't get any further." Here in Maryland we don't have anything like that.

    ReplyDelete