Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh Happy Day

Well! Any day that I get to hear my favorite Yellow Dog Democrat (his words) sing America the Beautiful at the presidential inauguration is a happy happy day for me.

I follow politics. I have my favorites. It is good to have leaders you admire.I grew up in a family that paid attention to politics, that talked about current events around the dinner table. Imagine my delight to realize (as a grownup) that my paternal grandmother Anna Schrader Gehlbach had a similar outlook. She actually gave her youngest child the middle name FRANKLIN in 1933 in honor of a favorite leader of hers.


I was reminded of that today by a photo sent by my favorite quilt historian, it's a quilt that features states that elected FDR, courtesy of the NC Quilt Project and the Quilt Index. Thank you, BB.


And I will reveal a guilty pleasure: I regularly check this blog that features the fashions worn by Michelle Obama. Today will be a happy, busy day, keeping up with that!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to have missed that Yellow Dog Democrat crooning! And thanks for the link to Mrs O! Haven't seen that blog but will definitely follow it! Oh Happy Day, indeed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess what? if you click on the words american the beautiful, you can see a video of James singing!
    hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea, James Taylor is my favorite too. Thanks for the link to Michele's wardrobe. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Franklin - that would be my Dad! He turns 80 this year! Hope you all are doing well!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete