Friday, April 4, 2014

Making Minis


Our quilt guild show starts tomorrow. One of my favorite parts is the mini-quilt silent auction. It's fun to make minis, it's fun to buy minis, and it's fun to see what everyone else created. I started this one a year ago and got waylaid so it was satisfying to finish it up this week. I was binding it while visiting with friends the other night and someone said, "I like the spoons." Someone else said, "Name it Dinner Party." So I did. I hadn't seen spoons in the red center blocks of Marcia Derse fabric before but they did. I used a linen-like fabric to surround the blocks, which are comprised of shirtings and BB's reproduction prints (around the center).

It measures 20'' x 22''. Proceeds from the sale of this quilt will benefit the Douglas County Aids Project, a non-profit dear to my heart. Last year sales of minis totaled $2,388 - with all proceeds benefiting local non-profit agencies. Come enjoy the show Saturday 10-5 and Sunday noon-5 - bidding for the minis will wrap up about an hour or so before the show closes Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt. I love the red centers but I didn't immediately see spoons either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we all see something different. This one is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, dear ... i didn't see spoons, i saw SPERM!

    ReplyDelete