Friday, November 13, 2015

Close to the Edge

I've been playing with some small bits this week. In the back of the room where our quilt guild meets, there is a very popular couch  - we deposit fabric we no longer need there. I found a bag of leftovers from our resident Seminole quilting artist, Marge Banks. I loved the colors and decided to challenge myself to make them into a small quilt.

I pulled out several of the shirts I've collected and went to town. To give you an idea of scale, Marge's original pieced bits measure 1 1/2" square and smaller.

It's nearly together - here it is this morning. My plan is to finish it today and have it quilted and ready to show to Marge at guild next week:




A belated happy birthday to one of my favorite humans, Kurt Vonnegut:

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center. 
-Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., writer (11 Nov 1922-2007)



5 comments:

  1. Marge may want her scraps back. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how little we need to add sparks! Love that quote..Gives me so much to think about. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to see this when it's finished! Such lovely pops of colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one thing will look really pretty when finished! Go on doing it i'd like to see it finished)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad I just "discovered" you in Dec 2020! I hope to "find" you again somewhere in blogland. I love this blog and all your works, both quilted and mosaicked!

    ReplyDelete