Monday, September 14, 2009

My friend Pat Kyser


We visited longtime friend and quilter Pat Flynn Kyser at her home in Huntsville, Alabama yesterday. I was happy to see her Color and Light quilt on the wall (made using a Jeff Gutcheon pattern called Judy in Arabia. (A take off on 54-40 or fight.)

I remember when Pat was collecting fabrics for it in the late 1970s. She worked hard to find these fabrics, searching far and wide as we had to do then. Pat said it took her two years to gather all the gradients of color she wanted... and she could do it in a day now with the vast quantity of fabrics available.

She showed me her studio where she’s been doing some expunging lately. 19 bags of fabric left these shelves and went to a good cause. Look up high, you can actually see some empty shelves!


Pat and I have been friends for 30 years. I met some of the most important people in my life at that time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment