Friday, September 11, 2009

A quilt you can’t get out of your head...


I’m sure you all see quilts that just get you hooked, that you can’t get out of your head (this also happens with songs). Well, it has happened to me with this quilt. A friend sent the picture – she knows it is a Gee’s Bend quilt but can’t recall where she found the picture on the internet. It could be in a museum or collection. I’ve saved it and look at it often. I’ve noticed the center is made up entirely of blue blocks with pockets on them, surrounded by bright colored strips. The border is arranged differently, with blue demin rectangles surrounded by the same plaid fabric. The colors used by this quilter just dance.

3 comments:

  1. I can totally understand why you would keep coming back to look at this quilt. Its so awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely, and the ties used to quilt the piece add to the movement.

    ReplyDelete