Look! Several members of my stitch group have opined about how the Log Cabin-ish quilt I posted a photo of on Feb. 16 was put together. Linda Frost made this sample, we think she's got it.
1. Start with a yellow center square and one long red log (Linda's center is 1 1/2" square, the strip 5 1/2" long).
2. Attach 2 blue logs (same size as the first log) aligning them with the yellow center. Stop stitching 1" from the end.
3. Attach a light strip (the first is 3 1/2" long, the rest are progressively longer).
4. Continue those steps. The block is complete when you have 1 center, 9 dark logs and 4 light logs.
5. Notice how Linda has attached the center of the next block on the left side.
6. To continue: make rows of these strips, then join the rows together to make the quilt.
Also note: Linda stitched hers completely by machine.
p.s. be sure to visit Linda's blog, you will enjoy her work!