Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mini Quilt Show #4

There is a common theme for these minis - nature.

Spring Flowers by Sue Thomsen. Sue said, "This quilt was made from the triangles tails left over from making a larger quilt. My granddaughter was playing with them on my design wall when she came up with the overall design. She put hers together then later I did the same only added the flower faces. I saw the faces in a book of some kind I was thumbing through.



Lori Kukuk made these Sunny Sunflowers. She wrote: "This was a new technique I tried on the long arm.....made the background, basted it with the machine, then sprayed with a sticky stuff to just lay the applique fabric on, it is all rough edge or what ever you call that!  It didn't take long and there was no pattern!  Loved the process:)."





Summer by Karen Hansen. Karen does remarkable machine quilting. She made one of these for each season.

No comments:

Post a Comment