We close with Carmen Rinehart's Star Spangled Santa. It is a thrifty block, Carmen said: "The Santa was a collaborative effort because I got the initial block free at our guild meeting and the beard is a curtain that shredded in the wash which Karen Hansen gave me. (Guess what? I love this because that was a block I made, back in the 90s - and parted with in my year of cleaning out.....)
Come see our minis at the quilt show. There will be 120 mini quilts available for sale. Saturday 10-5, Sunday noon-5. Bidding closes at 4:30 Sunday!
- Douglas County CASA utilizes community volunteers to act as advocates for children who have been abused or neglected and are under the protection of the juvenile court.
- Douglas County AIDS Project provides supportive and responsive care for those affected by HIV/AIDS as well as education and advocacy to raise awareness and reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS.
- GaDuGi Safe Center provides 24-hour comprehensive advocacy and support services for child and adult victim-survivors of sexual violence.
- Lawrence Habitat for Humanity builds homes for deserving families in Douglas and Jefferson Counties.
- The Social Service League serves low income residents of Lawrence. Auction proceeds go to the League’s program to provide eye exams and glasses for Lawrence school children and eye glasses for adults.
- The Spencer Museum of Art, on the KU campus, has an outstanding collection of quilts and quilt blocks. Auction proceeds go to quilt preservation and exhibition activities.