Saturday, May 19, 2012

Market Quilts I Love

I feel fortunate to be in the quilt business and see what vendors show - without the pressure of buying for a shop. So I'll share some fun things I liked enough to photograph as I wandered through quilt market yesterday.


This was just one of the things I liked at the SUCH designs booth. Pieced houses like these were popular, I saw them in many booths. The animals designed by Carrie Bloomston were great, her booth was too crowded to get a shot of them!


THIS is a design inspiration wall in Denyse Schmidt's booth. I had read that she did this, and was fascinated to see an example of it at her booth.  I see fabric swatches, old photos, little drawings, maps......






And wow, even Sonny and Cher! back when they were both so young and cute and on TV every week. Note the Partridge Family and Mary Richards, reporter.....







I liked these quilts. They feature Windham fabrics by Lotta Jansdotter. Note the random salesperson's head that will appear in a market photo if you are not careful....

How about the biggest hexagons ever? They were featured at Nellie's Needle Quilt Patterns booth. Note there are often random people in front of you at market.....

I'd been hearing about Amy Butler's booth, how they assemble it at home, then truck it to market. Here it is it was gorgeous.....

Read more about market at Barbara's blog, we both have a lot to say (always).

No comments:

Post a Comment