Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Made Fabric


I was so busy posting photos of my fellow classmates in the last blog, I thought I'd do a separate post for my made fabric from Victoria Findlay Wolfe's workshop last week.

I've been making my own fabric from scraps for a long time so I was eager to hear a new perspective on it. I often start with squares or strips - Victoria had us start with 5-sided shapes, aka pentagons.

I've decided to use this technique in a sawtooth border for a t-shirt quilt I'm working on for my daughter. This will certainly jazz up the quilt!


If you can't take a workshop with Victoria soon, you can get her book and learn about made fabric! It's 15 Minutes of Play, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Clever. I like the material with navy and green leaves. Looking forward to the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Luv made fabrics.

    ReplyDelete