Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December


There have been years I have dreaded December, with all the expectation and busyness. This December is starting out more relaxed than some past, to my delight. I always stop by our local Festival of Trees, a creative fundraiser for our local Shelter. Our beautiful Liberty Hall in downtown Lawrence is filled with trees and other creative holiday projects - they were auctioned last night.



I saw several trees that I loved this year. Here's my favorite: Weaving is Believing, made by wonderful art teacher Laura Torres Porter and her students at Bishop Seabury Academy. It's a woven ribbon tree. And look at the topper!

Happy December to you!

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of dread too:) Now I have the attitude that, if I don't do everything on my to-do list, then it doesn't matter. Being with people is more important than all the rest.
    Having said that - I have started an Advent of blogposts - just to make life difficult for myself:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many beautiful ways to decorate a tree.

    ReplyDelete