Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quilts for Kids

Our stitch group has taken on a seasonal project. The local alcohol treatment facility called and wondered if we would make quilts for kids whose moms are there undergoing treatment. They wondered if we could make some as Christmas gifts. Our small group responded to this challenge with amazing speed - they dug into their quilt top piles and voila!  I have 6 quilts so far. They are so darn cute I'm going to post them, I think you'll enjoy them.

Elf #1 made this first quilt. It measures 30" square. It's machine stipple quilted and backed with flannel. And look - someone can fall asleep counting their numbers..... 

3 comments:

  1. Deb,

    What a wonderful thing to do! The quilt looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels good. Look out, I'm posting one a day until I show you all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful thing to do Deb!

    ReplyDelete