Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Kansas Day!

I have a deep and abiding love for my home state but it puzzles me too. I'm doing a Read Across Kansas to try to sort out my thoughts about Kansas. Does it always need to be so extreme? Seems so.....



 I was lucky to edit Linda Frost's new book celebrating our State's Sesquicentennial. Sesquicentennial is quite a mouthful so we called the book (what else?) Happy Birthday Kansas. Look at this cute bird Linda's daughter created in honor of this occasion, a party Meadowlark (state bird)!









Do check out Linda's book. It features a great Kansas-theme sampler quilt. An extra treat is her observations about Kansas - they make you chuckle. 

Today we'll toast our state as the KU-KSU basketball game begins at 6 p.m. central time. To Kansas! And may the best team win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment