Monday, January 31, 2011

In Progress Now.....

I have seen this quilt on display at the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. This photo does not do it justice but it is the image they have on file for the quilt. This week I'm working on a bed-size version of this quilt. For our guild challenge this year, one option was to make a bed-size quilt so I decided this would be my challenge. The original is a strip quilt made by Lucille Young in Tuscaloosa, Alabama around 1930. When you see it in person, you can tell it was made from old clothing. The light strips are very soft and inviting. I've collected shirts mostly to make this. It's part of the Cargo collection at IQSC - you can view it online.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that an amazing quilt - such great, graphic appeal. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt!!! I have always wanted to make a black and white quilt, this could be the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripes are my favorite! This is a great quilt! I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! Looking forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I like this one. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite kind of quilt! Those strips must be quite skinny.I love how fluid and organic they look.

    ReplyDelete