Thursday, May 26, 2011

Scary Twisters

It's time to get back to work. The recent devastating tornadoes have everyone rattled. Tornadoes are something Kansans watch for and respect, but we have never seen an outbreak like that of the past few days. Storms break out and we can't concentrate! My coworkers are all cowering in their basements! And then we watch the news and cannot believe the damage we see in Joplin and elsewhere.......If I keep drifting, I will have to give in to my tornado fixation and stitch this block from Linda Frost's Happy Birthday Kansas book.

Luckily, the weather cleared for a while this afternoon and stitch group met. Cutting up shirts helps. Carol produced this, which may be the neatest, most precise cut up shirt ever.....

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering what it must be like for you all there, and wishing you all safety. Thank goodness for quilt-making, especially in times like this!

    ReplyDelete