Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall colors inspire my new rug


It was cloudy here all last week so when the sun came out today, it just seemed like a wonderful explosion of color outdoors!
I find myself often working in the colors of the current season. At the end of summer, I couldn't get enough of gold and greens.


Now I can't get enough of the fall colors. I save odd fabrics so I have plenty of colors to choose from to make a new rug.....Notice the colorful fabric strip across the rug, it's from a wild tablecloth I got at a garage sale last summer. The colors are perfect for this rug.

3 comments:

  1. your rug is brilliant. i love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors. How do you make the quilts? Crochet or toothbrush?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toothbrush, the best mindless fun ever.....

    ReplyDelete