Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Old Favorite


One of the best things about this blog is that it helps me keep documenting my quilt collection. This one is hanging on my wall now. I would have loved to have seen it before some of the fabrics became so faded. It measures 64" x 77". We think it's circa 1890. Its made of many homespun fabrics - I found it at a local antique shop a few years ago.

The block has these names in Brackman's Encyclopedia: Fanny’s Favorite, Diamond Ring, My Favorite, Old Favorite, and Grandma’s Choice. Notice the brick border is on only three sides of the quilt. Worn and faded in spots, its in fragile condition. The quilt is machine pieced and hand quilted in straight furrows.

I like how the pieces seem a little curved when you stare at the whole quilt, like Storm at Sea.

I'm documenting my quilts by recording information about them in a word file. I insert a photo of the quilt under the text, then print it and keep it in a notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment