Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween


I hang this quilt in my dining room every fall. It is just right for the season.

I call it the Pumpkin 25-Patch. It measures 72" x 74" and is circa 1900.

I found it at a Topeka, Kansas antique mall in 2004. The squares in each 25 patch block measure 1 1/4”. Many of the 25 patch blocks are stitched with just 2 fabrics but several get wild, which I love.















It's in good condition with a few slight stains. Hand pieced and hand quilted, the quilting runs diagonally in both directions across the quilt. It is bordered with the same fabric as the solid squares. The backing is muslin, which is turned to the front to bind the quilt.

Here's a picture of my chokeberry bush near the front door. Its been such a pretty fall here.

No comments:

Post a Comment