Friday, December 16, 2011

One More Thing


I LOVE this thing. I love how folky it is, how unique it is and how incredibly thrifty it is.

It is a Christmas decoration, a tiny tree only 9" tall. A cardboard back is the base. Bottle caps were carefully arranged and glued to the back, then little ornaments are glued in the center of each of those.

I found it at an antique shop in Missouri, in a backroom filled with heaps of junk. It looked like one could find something wonderful there - and I did. I remember the clerk gave me a bit of a quizzical look (like do you really want that?) and charged me 25 cents.....it WAS a bit more bedraggled then, several ornaments were broken and the cardboard truck was bent - easily fixed! Martha Stewart will be all over this one, don't you think?!

Merry merry!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You really have an eye for these things. I want to come thrift shopping with YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure she will....the ultimate in recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The best stuff is always discovered in the back room, and how wonderful that it came home with you. Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. if i make one, I will spray paint it green. then add the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete