Thursday, September 23, 2010

Brian's Quilt

 I've been working at this quilt for a while and now it is done and home with my friend Brian. I had such a good time making it, again it is inspired by the work of Anna Williams. Brian has lots of color in his home so I felt safe using bright colors. Most of the fabrics are from my plaids/stripes scraps. There are a few shirts too, along with a few strips of orange silk. The finished quilt measures 36" x 36" but notice it's not exactly square. I did that deliberately. Most of the center blocks measure roughly 5" x 6". Lori Kukuk quilting this for me using a wonderful ziggy pattern that works just right.

16 comments:

  1. my kind of quilt, scrappy and full of character

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt, such a good example what making do and waste not want not can do to make a stunning quilt.
    Congratulations and greetings from Paris, Will V

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful - I bet that silk really adds a zing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So vibrant! If it was my quilt, I would name it 'Scrap Dance'
    I don't know why I had to say that! Couldn't resist. Square dance .. Scrap dance..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap Dance! yI love it, that is a great name, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilt. Love the plaids and the casual look. This quilt has personality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I saw your text this quilt reminded me of Anna Williams. I think that you channeled her beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...OUCH...OUCH...this is soooo cute it's hurting
    me....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The instant I saw it I thought "Anna Williams."
    I really like the cheddar fabric. Great job.

    There, there, Belinda. Have a cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful quilt - lots of character and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love this quilt! It looks so cozy and scrappy. Love those plaids, and the quilting is perfect. You did a wonderful job capturing the Anna Williams feel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    It is a beautiful quilt.
    I like this kind of quilts so colorfull.
    Thanks for share

    ReplyDelete