Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bought to copy #1


I acquired this quilt with the intent of copying it.
The border especially. I like the way the use of only two colors works.

Again, this is a quilt that was used and loved. There is considerable wear in some areas. I added a sleeve so I could hang it to photograph it. As I stitched, I admired how fine the stitching is on this quilt. It is hand pieced and hand quilted with tiny stitches.

 

The quilt measures 64" x 81". The pieces are 1 1/2" square.

3 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to think this old quilt got to feel your love while you were sewing the sleeve on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! I'm running nonstop this week pulling out things to put in the garage sale, will be in touch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the kind of work i could never achieve, too repetitive for me, but nevertheless a great work.

    ReplyDelete