Saturday, February 6, 2010

Catching up after a week in the sun

I spent the last week at a quilt retreat in California, right by the San Francisco bay. Internet access there was so slow that I just shelved the blog and sewed. We hiked and ate very good food too, laughed a lot and enjoyed the company of about 70 other quilters.

I'll share some stitched things I liked in the next few blogs.

This was the view out the window from my workspace. It is the sign above the gate to the Y camp's lovely garden. A year ago raised beds were being constructed there - now it is full of all sorts of good veggies.






This sun is painted at one garden entrance.




Ice plant is common on the hills where we hike. Sunlight changes how it looks at different times of the day. It can look like the plant is glowing!

It is a very welcome break from a Kansas winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment