Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pine Burr class



We've all enjoyed looking at Jean Ayre's spectacular Pine Burr quilt. Now you can learn about Pine Burr quilts, their history and how to make them - she's offering a class. 

It will take place Saturday, June 30 from 9am to noon at the Walkabout Retreat and History Center between Lawrence and Baldwin. 

You need to pay in advance: $25 if you bring your own fabrics, an additional $15 will purchase a precut kit. Kits must be reserved in advance.

Contact Jean Ayres to reserve a spot and or kit, or for more information: ayresjean@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Oh, noooo, I'm way too far away! I need to see if someone in my part of the world can teach a class. If you have any leads, please advise. I've been admiring these quilts and am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I could attend the class. Not fun being so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad for me. Google maps says it would take 31 hours. I'd have to start...soon. Please ask her if she would consider doing a guest blog post? pleeeeeeeeeease? I really want to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for those of us not lucky enough to take the class, i found this:
    http://www.archives.alabama.gov/activity/PineBurrQuiltbrochure.pdf

    ReplyDelete