Tuesday, January 29, 2013

15 Minutes Play

A recent treat was the purchase of a new book, 15 Minutes Play by Victoria Findlay Wolfe.

If you love scraps, as I do so much, this is the book for you. I tend to piece stuff together rather aimlessly. Victoria calls that made-fabric. She had the good sense to wrangle it all into designs, setting it all into traditional quilt designs! Of course, with her mad-wonderful color sense, the quilts turn out to be anything but traditional.

I had a good deal of work to do recently and not much time to sew. But I tried Victoria's method and just gave myself 15 minutes to play. Ah! That was a lifesaver during a busy time.


I'm piecing a red/white/black scrap quilt (with a few liberties as you will note - a little blue, etc.). Here is a peek ...I nearly have two 1 yard square pieces together! I'm calling my sewing time this week Pt. Petalabooma East, thinking of my friends sewing together in California without me ... Yachi should know this is ALL SCRAPS! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got some sewing time squeezed in your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I tell ya, those 15 minutes add up! Can't wait to see what you do with it! PLAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the most inspiring book? Scrap quilts are always my favorites...Karin

    ReplyDelete