Monday, June 15, 2009

I'll be Talking about Sonie



Sonie Ruffin has a wonderful solo exhibit of her quilts at the American Jazz Museum from now through August 2.

She's invited me to speak Wednesday, June 17 at 2 p.m. about editing the books that showcase her work: Opening Day: 14 Quilts Celebrating the Life and Times of Negro League Baseball and and The Soulful Art of African-American Quilts, both published by Kansas City Star Books

It all takes place at the American Jazz Museum, 1616 East 18th Street in Kansas City, MO. The talk and the exhibit viewing are both free: the exhibit is on display Tuesday - Saturday, 9-6 and Sunday noon-6. It's closed Mondays.

These photos are from the exhibit opening. The ladies looked like they planned their outfits to match Sonie's jazz quilt. Above is a photo of Sonie and I.....we've enjoyed our collaboration.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed my visit and viewing all of your thrift shop quilts! I arrived via Barbara Brackman's blog.

    ReplyDelete